Conclusion

3. Results

The plants grew rather well as we have expected. But when we compare to a normal plant grown in a pot, the plant in our experiment did not grow as well. This could be because of lack of of sufficient light as the pipe from the air flow could have blocked it.

4. Discussion

4.1 Key findings

We have found that the plants are surviving in our greenhouse. We have also found that the plant would have grown with more sunlight.

4.2 Explanation of key findings

This could be because of lack of of sufficient light as the pipe from the air flow could have blocked it.

4.3 Evaluation of engineering goals

We are able to construct a greenhouse with minimal and conveniently available resources, such as PVC pipes, plastic boxes and equipment such as saws, drills, hot glue and dremels. It also incorporates watering through the use of timers which function to the preset interval with the help of an arduino servo motor. As we want to reduce the consumption of water as low as possible, we have a rainwater collector.

4.4 Areas for improvement

We could have implemented a lighting system to help boost the plant growth rate and also we could have used a more efficient watering system that auto-refills the water.

We are currently using adhesives like hot glue, which will wear away fairly quickly. Instead, we could have used staple guns, nails and other heavy duty adhesives to further improve our project.

We could have made a metal lining that could control the temperature of the plant’s surrounding environment.













5. Conclusions

5.1 Summary of findings

Using a very small space of land, we were able to create a greenhouse which can be used to plant crops with little resources wasted, amount of electricity, energy and water consumption reduced. This greenhouse can also be varied in size depending on the people’s preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment